Oscars Fashion Favs
Thank heaven it wasn’t a mandatory black dress night as I love color, color and more color!
My Personal Top Five:
1. Allison Janney’s sleek red gown by Reem Acra was SO perfect for her 6’ height. Those bell sleeves were just so understated and yet “statement making!” The gown alone deserved it’s own Oscar!
2. Mira Sirvano swept my heart away when she “swept” along the red carpet in her Romona Keveza pale pink ballgown with bridal length train! The dimensional florets looked like cake frosting!
3. Selma Hayek’s bling…..was not subtle…just the way I like my bling! I wasn’t nuts about the tiers or the floral fabric as I thought it was almost “too much.” (Can you believe you’re hearing that term from me?) But scallops are one of my favorite design elements….and these scallops of huge crystals were dazzling. The gown was designed by Gucci.
4. Margot Robbie’s dress was almost as beautiful as she is naturally. Again..the scallops that stole my gaze….these of gorgeous pearls and designed by Chanel. It was so simply stunning.
5. Jane Fonda knocks over everyone, every time! She is 80 and still walks onto any stage and commands it. Her sleek, dazzling white Balmain gown with the cutaway neckline was beyond perfect for the setting, her figure and her status…icon. MJN